NASA's Minority University Research and Education Programs Small Programs project is designed to enhance students' academic experiences and encourage underserved and underrepresented groups to pursue STEM careers, which are critical to NASA's missions.
Grants were awarded to the following colleges, universities and partnerships:
- Navajo Technical College in Crownpoint, N.M.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in Tallahassee, Fla.
- New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, N.M.
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, N.C.
- Sistema Universitario Ana G. Mendez Inc. in Caguas, Puerto Rico
The five projects will receive funding ranging from $90,800 to $345,850. They are eligible for renewal for two years, based on project performance and funding availability. NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida manages the project for the agency.
For project descriptions, click on "Selected Proposals" and look for "Minority University Research and Education Programs Small Programs Competitive Grant Opportunity" at: